Friday, March 2, 2012

Stolen

Back in 2007, Dashboard Confessional came out with a song called Stolen.  I was, at the time, going through a phase where I listen to a lot of Dashboard, Secondhand Serenade, and the like.  In 2012, I have been listening to a lot of Boyce Avenue.  If you dont know them, check them out, they do a lot of great cover songs.  While I was packing for my long awaited mission trip (yayy!), Boyce's version of Stolen came on and I began to ponder the main lyrics of the song....

"You have Stolen My Heart"

To have your heart stolen is to have it captured: completely captivated.  Its funny the ways and things that can captivate a heart, and that, I believe, is part of the Lord's genius.  There are no two people that will be captivated in the same way by God's amazing love.  Sadly, our hearts can be caught in a whirlwind of societies lies of what love, what happiness is.  Once Jesus has "stolen" your heart, the lies of pseudo-happiness cannot be sustaining because the heart has experienced true love, true joy.

For me, my heart is captivated by service to God's precious people.  It awakens a certain part of my heart that I cant describe.  Tomorrow morning I leave on a very long awaited trip to Jamaica with some beautiful people!  I, at many times, thought this trip would never go off; however, I kept trying to plan it because my stolen heart was being asked to by Love Himself.  But in just a few short hours, my heart will be communicating in the best way it knows how to the one who has captivated it, by loving people.

Precious souls that His heart is stolen by, I have the chance to love.  In that way I can love Him, and get to know Him better. Precious souls like these are His heart in disguise.

St. Therese of Lisieux, pray for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment